Monday, May 22, 2006

Diamonds Sperm Wizz fizz Mathematics

Did you know that diamonds have the highest thermal conductivity of any solid at room temperature. I did, and I know a lot more anyone else in my house on such matters, and that’s why I beat all my housemates and their history nerd friends at trivial pursuit late on Friday night. Thankyou, thankyou, yes, thankyou no need for such loud applause.

In other weekend events…

Happy birthday Nic! The last night of Nics 20’s was spent at the brickworks beer garden eating snacks from 1976, listening to music from 1991 and singing songs about sperm on ice. I could tell I’d probably had too much of good time the next day when I found birthday cake stuck to the side of my bag and three Wizz Fizzes and an empty packet of Fads inside.

I also remember seeing one of my ex-students and him telling me that he was ‘pretty much over education’ and I think I responded with something like ‘oh well’ and then he said ‘so did you come here with other friends, cause I think I’m supposed to be kissing this girl right now’ and that seemed fair enough, so I left him to it. Last time I saw this ex-student out he asked for my phone number and tried to get me to come to his party. So much for being a positive role model instilling a high regard for education and a love of mathematics, I like to think he was just showing off, and deep down he actually does love maths.

Also, my new camera is really good, here’s a photo from last weeks Brunatex gig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home