Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Yey, we have hot water, I finally had a shower, and I went to see some shows..

Kranski sisters – don’t go unless you are over 50 and boring. Trying not to be negative here, I did hear that someone who is apparently not boring thought this show was ‘outrageously funny’ but I can't personally recommend it.

Eddie perfect – nice guy, funni song about gay marriage, rest of the songs not my cup of tea. I hate jazz. But I laughed a bit at his banter and it was much more entertaining than Kranski's, even if Tg did say 'im just going to the toilet' and never come back, only to be found later on rundle street with her head in a burger.

Arj barker – I found arj very funni despite me being tired and angry at the time. But I had reason to email him earlier in the week and have since received no reply. So I dunno… maybe he doesn’t care to hear about the everyday person in the audience anymore, kind of like Oprah.

Judith lucy – not as funni as Arj, but not not funni. There were funni bits, but I didn’t laugh that much.

The Dancing Sky – this was visually beautiful and it looked like fun to be up there in the sky; it was also nice to see lots of ppl out and not being total wankers. The story was crap though, I like stories a lot and this was nonsense basically. I stopped paying attention cause it was giving me a headache trying to make it mean something.

Ross noble – very very funni, I found the funniest bits the stuff he just made up on the spot, rather than the story build ups, I sometimes find the punchline doesn’t warrant such a build up and only leads to anticlimax. For some reason we ended up with front row tickets, but luckily 6 wankers in the second row turned up 10 minutes late and diverted all attention.

Breakin ground – I highly recommend seeing this, but don’t bother going until the second half unless you’re into watching ppl not into hip hop watch hip hop. It was kind of uncomfortable and weird or something. The dance stuff doesn’t start until the second half, but it was heaps good, there was a really smooth guy, and a really fast guy, some girl with very defined abs and a short guy who could strike a fucking good pose. Once again, I chose to ignore the interpretive dance overtones to this performance and just watch some fit people dance. Not that I don’t love interpretive dance, or do I hate it?? I’m still not sure…

Daniel Kitson – this is the best show I’ve seen, funni, clever and very sentimental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home